Monday, September 22, 2008

 

Week in Review Part I

Okay. So here's the week in review in as long as it takes for Gabe to wake up.

1) Gabriel is a whopping six months old. HALF A YEAR! Goodness gracious. He's growing a third tooth. He's reaching out for me. His fuzzy hair is getting a little longer, but still light. He's still doing those crazy push-up things and still not crawling. If you hold his little hands so he doesn't tip over, he'll stand for a pretty long time. He's eaten squash, sweet potatoes, peas and bananas. And this weekend we shared some minestrone soup. Don't know if that's a bad thing or not, but it was just the broth. He seemed to like it anyway.

Updates from Joe

Well, Kelly was off to go do something, get her hair done, her nails did, save the planet, something...I had to watch Gabe and eventually feed him from a bottle. Mind you, I wasn't intimidated or scared, because I have maaaadddd baby watching skills. I'm like the Air Jordon of babysitting. The Tiger Woods of entertaining the young’uns.

Anyhow, I digress. I haven't fed Gabe from a bottle in quite a while, but he seemed to do really well the last few times I tried and besides, if you stuck a steak in front of the boy he'd probably eat it. There are times I’m afraid he’s going to try and eat some kid if I don’t watch him.

Well.....1.5 hours later. Gabe is SCREAMING like a maniac (People, he SCREAMED for an hour and a half!!). I’m trying to hold him this way, that way and the other way, still won’t take the bottle. I finally lay the crazed monkey on his back, hand him the bottle and say “Feed Yourself.”.....And can you believe HE FED HIMSELF...No seriously...He did...I have pictures...

Notice the Fresh Tears.



Guess who comes home, no more than two minutes after he settles down. Notice the freshly done nails on the bottom left and the look of "I don't need you sucka" on Gabe...



To be continued...

Comments:
Babies will not starve themselves, eventually they will learn to hold the bottle.
 
They are independent little things. Just wait until he decides he can feed himself with a spoon - what a mess!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?