Tuesday, July 29, 2008

 

New Mexico! Onward!

So, after a week in lovely North Carolina, we set out to the Southwest. New Mexico. We started out our stay there with a little roadtrip -- me, Joe, Gabe, and Joe's mom. We headed for the south and saw some pretty dramatic scenery. Here's some of it:


This was taken at the site of some ancient lava flows. I don't remember the name of it, but I'm sure Joe will fill me in.


While we waited for the public library to open in Alamogordo to use the internet, we took a drive up the mountainside. I saw my first real live roadrunner there. Unfortantely it's not captured on film. Think a much smaller version of the cartoon.



We took a drive through White Sands National Park. The sand dunes were pretty spectacular. I've gotta say, New Mexico's natural treasures are quite impressive.

We made an effort to climb up one of the little dunes on the side of the road. Gabriel was NOT having it. This little photo op you are seeing right here took a lot of effort, folks. So I hope y'all appreciate it.



Chun Ae's about to fall down the dune. She's a good sport.




Yeah! We made it. Now let's get the !%&TGDUQYU@&!! back in the car.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?