Friday, April 11, 2008

 

Week Three

So, I realize that looking at pictures of other people's babies is not #1 in the excitement department. But do you think a little thing like that's gonna stop me from pasting my little precious all over this here blog? Here's Gabriel in his third week. It was really busy:

He cried again. For some reason I love baby crying pictures...



He said goodbye to grandma and grandpa. Look how sad he is.



He tried out different hairstyles. This is his Pointdexter look or is it turn-of- the-century Texas saloon owner?



He tried out a bottle this past week for the first time. Note the suspicious gleem in his eyes.



He also got some exercise. Here he is during some tummytime. He's building some bulk. Shoulders, back, neck. He's started doing a little swimming in place action that is pretty impressive!



My parents left on Wednesday after a two week visit. It was a sad departure with tears shed. Gabriel was fussy all day afterwards and missed his grandma and grandpa. Joe and I have been subsisting on moms pot roast for the past two days. Now it's gone and sadly...I have to cook again. But I'm postponing that fact with a trip to the pancake house today. Hopefully it will provide me with enough nutrients to throw something together for dinner.

I've begun the post baby Kelly self-improvement plan. It started while mom was still here with a trip to Cocok's to have our nails did. And as usual, Cocok's did a fine job. I wish I could go there every day. Then I FINALLY got my haircut at my favorite local hair salon, Tarm Powder. As usual, Takako, the owner and sole hair cutter there did a fab job as well. She speaks as much English as I do Japanese, which is maybe 10 words. We do great with that, somehow, and chat for about an hour and a half. Anyway, I got a bob, for lack of imagination. I'll have to post a picture at some point. Then yesterday, I got my hair colored, well the roots done.

THAT did not go so well, unfortunately. The lady, not my normal woman, turned my roots orange. That wasn't what I had in mind. But what could I do? She was a nice lady. A really nice lady. We had just been chit-chatting like buddies for over an hour. How could I tell her that her work sucked? That she had ruined Takako's beautiful hair design? That my self improvement plan had been put on hold? Well, I couldn't. So I'll just go around hoping nobody notices.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?