Friday, April 18, 2008

 

Thirty Days Thirty Nights

Gabriel is...let's see. He's 30 days old today. Thirty days! I predict that I'm gonna be one of those moms who's like "The time goes by so quickly. Cherish these moments!" He's getting longer, heavier, louder, and more alert. He spends more time staring at himself in the mirror, or staring at some random point in space. And like his mommy, he spends about thirty minutes stretching himself awake, only his wakeup stretches are accompanied by snorts and grunts. I don't think mine are. Well, maybe grunts.

This week has been a week of getting into the groove. Joe went back to work this week. My parents are gone. During the daytime it's just me and the boy. So far we've: eaten, slept, taken a long walk, done errands on base, eaten pancakes (surprise), gone to the garlic restaurant, and had a guest over for dinner, and eaten and slept some more. Exciting stuff. As you can see there is a lot of eating involved. Last night I even made lasagna. I was pretty proud of myself for that one. Part of me really wants to flourish into this domestic goddess role, now that I have the baby and all.

That part of me wants to give up drinking caffeine. That part of me wants to vacuum my house everday. To finish writing thank you notes. To write regularly on this blog. To quit watching TV. To make bentos for my husband.

The other part of me just drank a cup of caffeinated coffee, even though I know it'll probably keep Gabriel up tonight (and I'll be tired in the morning and want coffee even more...the vicious cycle!). It's surfing the web for adventures to go on this weekend. Is there a festival? A market? A concert to go to? (Ohhh! Salsa night? Are babies invited?!) It's plotting out a daytrip to Naha with my son...screw showering, vacuuming, thank you note-writing, and this goshdarn blog writing.

Gabriel is a month old! It's time he sees the world!

Comments:
Hello. And Bye.
 
hello dudes. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for that particular make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are about 190 pounds on every page. But completely I bring about this site selling them for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?