Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

Done With the Dress!




So, perhaps you are wondering whatever happened with the dress? Well, since I had no need to write procrastination blogs after finishing it there were no updates. Sorry! But, amazingly, I did actually complete the sewing of the dress. Not only that, but the flaws were disguisable enough that I could even wear it in public! Well, fortunately for me I had a great help with Kanako-san, the obi tying instructor. She spent about an hour with me on Tuesday morning tying the obi and teaching me how tie it as well. She also brought along a bag of obi cords to accessorize the obi. I chose the one I liked the best and then she fashioned it into a flower shape, which she then sewed onto the bow. It looked great. That night, I took my portion of the dress, the skirt part, and hoisted it up over my chest. Then I took the obi and wrapped it around my boobs so tight that I could hardly breathe. I mean it was holding my skirt up after all - it needed to stick. Joe helped me tie the obi. (First you tie it in the front and then scoot the bow to the back.) And ta-da! A dress. An extremely uncomfortable and fragile dress. But a dress nonetheless.

Below are a couple of pictures of the dress-making process. We got a full length portrait of us at the ball which I'll put up later, but these are just of the back.

P.S. I wore about three different slips so there was no seeing through the thing!

Comments:
Hey there,

This is Billy VanCuren and I was in college with Joe. I have been following your dress dilemma with great interest as it is something that my wife goes through every year! I have been unable to respond due to being in Iraq and the Army servers would block your site or when I used the haji-net, it would take so long to download that it would time me out. I am glad that the dress worked - you look fabulous!

I do have a question for Joe - one of my subordinates is looking to work for the same company that you work for and I would like to know if there is anything that I can pass on to him that would help. He has an interview this week, but that is all I know for how far along he is right now.

talk to you later
billy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?