Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Making the Dress. Part II

It's 3pm. There's no way I'm making it grocery shopping today. Maybe tomorrow during lunch? Or Wednesday before book club?

I'm getting tired. I'm working on the bottom, tan layer of the dress. Sewed bias tape/ribbon along hem. Stitching all over the place. Some of ribbon not actually attached to fabric. Hopefully lighting is very low at the ball.

Sewed up one side of the skirt. Much more time consuming than I'd anticipated as material is sheer so you can see the raggedy insides of the seam. Needed to fold it over and hide edges to make it pretty.

Ready to start next side. I hope it's easier.

Then the elastic on top and the second later. Grrr....

I hope I can do it! And that it's wearable! Okay. Back to work. Might be time for the wine soon...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?