Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Mornin'

Hey guys. Just thought I'd check in after a long lapse in writing. It's about 7:45 a.m., a hazy and humid morning. Not a whole lot new going on here. Well, the sugar cane crop next to our house was just harvested. It had towered high over our fence a la Children of the Corn. Then, one day when I was puttering around inside, I heard all of these corn rustling sounds. I didn't think anything of it, but then when I finally stepped out later that afternoon all the cane was gone! And dozens of men were sitting on the ground in round pointed hats tying it up in bundles. It was quite shocking! Like cutting down a forest. Or shaving off a beard.

What else? I got new lamp that I'm quite proud of. The shade is red, green and white and bell-shaped. It's handmade out of Ryukan glass. It dangles off of a curved metal piece which looks like a thin tree branch. It's pretty.

Have a nice day y'all!

-Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?