Sunday, April 02, 2006

 

Update

Hello. Been a while since writing. Our internet connection is constantly on the fritz. Plus I'm lazy.

Things are going pretty well here. It's beginning to seem a bit more like spring. The weather's not so chilly and I think the days are getting longer. My work schedule has changed for the better too. Su, my coworker, is going to be working nights and I'll be working days. So that means a normal 8-5 work day. Yeah! I'm so happy. Su is too, incidentally, she prefers sleeping in.

Mondays we're gonna start taking pottery lessons - me and Su, my boss Erika, and another co-worker, Courtney. This will replace my Japanese lessons. Yes, I've decided to take leave of my Japanese teacher. Things just weren't working out. We are, however, gonna meet for lunch together tomorrow. So, it was an amicable separation.

In other work related news, I've been making friends with Junko-san, one of the two cleaning ladies for our building. She's really nice, and a fantastic Japanese teacher. She teaches me a couple of new phrases each week. During one of our morning Japanese lessons it came out that she likes to dance: "shoko dance-o". I believe this is ballroom dancing. And soon I will find out, because she invited me and Joe to join her for a dance lesson after work. This man, her teacher, offers classes from his home. Apparently, students work towards a big dance party at the end of the year. Awesome!

(Joe just met Junko and the other cleaning lady, Eray, yesterday when he stopped by the shop. I asked him what they talked about. He started laughing and said they were trying to explain to him something about dancing. They couldn't find the words in English, looked at him, opened their arms and said, "Shall We Dance!" And they all started laughing.)

Oh, quickly, let me tell you one more reason Junko rocks. Each week, she places fresh arrangements of flowers throughout the building, picked from her garden. The flowers and greenery that she chooses are so simple, yet so creatively arranged. I wish I could show you some pictures. Hey...maybe I will!

Bye!

-Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?