Saturday, February 04, 2006

 

Sabado Gigante

Good morning. It's Saturday morning here on the big island and I don't have to work today! Yeah! Why not? Because of a power outage on base. Apparantly, they plan their power outages over here. Folks living on base might not have power or water for days, which in the summer, I've been told, is particularly uncomfortable. Karen says that you always know when the power is out on base 'cause the PX and movie theater are packed -- the only two places that still have air conditioning. Luckily, here off base the power outages don't affect us. I just get a day off of work. (But if I end up missing the folks from work while I'm away, I need not worry. I can just turn on the TV and my boss will soon pop up on the screen. She introduces herself every hour or two on the "Foster Framing and Fine Arts" commercial on AFN.)

Oh, I met our neighbors. Two air force guys. They seem very friendly, but we only got to talk for a few minutes on the way out the door. Our houses are so close together that I can look and see what they have in their kitchen. I think it's a wine bottle. Or perhaps a 40 oz? On the other side of them, a single teacher is supposed to be moving in soon.

Well, off to enjoy Power Outage Day, might go on a road to check out the cherry blossoms.

-Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?