Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

Hedo Point and picture taking

This weekend, Joe and I met a very old lady. Well, first we met a young lady, who was Japanese, but selling pasteles and empanadas and I was speaking to her in Spanish and Japanese and English and she was speaking to me in Portugese and English. We met her at this roadside stand that we stopped at on our way back from Hedo Point (That's the place we're at in the picture where I'm grabbing Joe's leg.) It was a very beautiful place. I would say it's like being at the end of the world, except I don't imagine you'd find two busloads of Japanese tourists at the end of the world. But then again, maybe you would. Anyhow, Joe saved one of their lives. The guy was taking pictures of his wife. The guy (an older man, but not as old as the lady we met later) decided that the best vantage point could be reached by stepping through a field of sharp rocks. Unfortunately, he fell down in them and got very stuck. I didn't see any of this take place because we were halfway back to the car. All I knew was that one second Joe was by my side and the next he was racing back up the hill towards a worried looking old lady. Then I saw the old man's head, arms and legs all pointing skywards, sandwiched between the rocks, and Joe was awkwardly trying to pull him out. (He was really stuck!) He got out and everything was okay there were "ohio goziamases" all around and Joe ran back down to me. I was very proud of him. My hero! Well, I've gotta get ready to go to work. To be continued...

Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?