Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

Out of the Net

We finally moved into our new place and have a house full of Uncle Sam's furniture. It's in great condition, but a little retro in style. We've got an extra bed, so when you guys come to visit, you'll have a place to crash. The house is currently a disaster and we have to put everything in its place, but Kelly has promised to make our home a happy and comfortable one. She's been reading Feng Shui articles and design magazines, so she has some great ideas. I've been told that I have some input in the process, but she gets the final vote, which really means I have no say in the matter.

I finally get my car today. It’s a Toyota Corolla station wagon, that’s right folks a station wagon! Or as I like to call it “the Fishin’ Wagon”. It has plenty of room for my fishing poles and cooler. It’s kind of funny how your view changes on vehicles when you go to certain areas. Living in Eastern New Mexico, where a dually diesel pick up truck is the standard and then being stationed in the south, I would have never thought of buying anything less than a pick up truck. But coming here, where some vehicles are even smaller than the Mini Cooper, it kind of changes your views on things. The pick up trucks here are what I like to call the bongo trucks. It’s a two seater with a large bed. Mainly used for working, but not a cool truck to own. Not like my Dodge Ram

Anyhow, Kelly and I will be out of the net for a while. We don't have Internet access and won't have any for about 7-10 days. You'd think as technologically advanced as the Japanese are, it wouldn't take that long to get Internet, but like most tropical and sub-tropical islands, we're on "island time". So don’t feel like we’re neglecting you if we don’t write you back soon. And the “man” has blocked all “civilian” email accounts on base, so I can’t check my email from work either.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?