Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 

The Daily Grind

Getting into the daily routine here. Joe's started his job and I've begun job hunting. Actually, I've already been offered a position, which I've accepted! No, it's not teaching. It's framing! Picture framing! I'll be working in the art studio on base, learning how to mat and frame so that I can then provide this service to customers and eventually give the framing classes. I'll be working in an art studio and have daily access to pottery wheels (and a kiln!) as well as the Okinawan artists who teach traditional crafts and whose classes I can take whenever I want (well, when I'm not working). Cool, huh? A big change from the world of ESL, but I'll most likely teach a few English classes here and there just to keep my foot in the door. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to delving into a new skill.

Tomorrow Joe and I sign the lease for our new house. We'll probably move in this weekend. Yeah! There are gonna be a lot of empty rooms to fill up. Maybe I'll make one room The Junk Room and use it to just throw everything in when visitors come over. Hmmm... Anyway, I'll get into more detail about the house once it's official. Hopefully Joe remembers to carry me over the threshold. Take care y'all! - K

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?